Sunday, October 24, 2010

It is all about a boy

The whole reason I started this blog was because I have a secret. It is a secret that I can not openly share with even my best friend. (OK actually she knows all about it but is getting sick of hearing about it.) It is all about a boy. Wait, what? Didn't I say I was married? Yes I am. Here is the deal: there is always that one person that makes you wonder...what if? Could it have worked? Would my life be better? ....Or worse? This boy dropped into my life in my early 20's. We dated but for some reason, it never worked out. We actually made a go of it a few times but it never stuck. He was totally different from me. His father had a high profile job, he went to a private all boys high school, he was very intelligent. I grew up middle class with both working parents, I went to a public high school and did the absolute minimum to get by. Where he was book smart and reserved, I was street smart and outgoing. I would always wonder about him, what happened to him and where he was in life. I guessed he married the girl that preceded me and I was sure he was a success in his life--he was just that type of person. It has been 19 years since I have seen this boy and I can honestly say that I think of him a lot--as in at least once a week (probably more). Actually I think about him way too much. My head knows that it would have most likely never have worked out but my heart...ah, the heart...heart has her own mind. Stupid heart!
How does someone get over this? I have been married for ten years and with my husband for 15 years. To say our marriage has had it rough patches is an understatement. An understatement that I will save for another post but due to these turmoils, I have always wondered what my life would have been like if I landed with the one that got away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment